Product Booking and Reservation Policy
- "Trip Reservation" means the order, purchase, payment, booking, or reservation of a Tour, activity, package, oy any of the services on the website. By making a booking, User understands TravelKosh merely provides a technology platform for booking of services and products and the ultimate liability rests on the respective Service Provider and not TravelKosh. Thus the ultimate contract of service is between User and Service Provider.
- TravelKosh at its sole discretion reserves the right to not accept any booking without assigning any reason thereof. Booking of a Hotel, Homestay, room, can either be "Prepaid", or "Pay at hotel" as per the options made available by a hotel on the Website of TravelKosh.
- In "Prepaid" model, the total booking amount is paid by you at the time of booking itself. Such total booking amount includes the hotel reservation rate, taxes, and service fees as may be charged on behalf of the actual service provider, and any additional booking fee or convenience fee charged by TravelKosh. At TravelKosh’s sole discretion on case to case basis the User may also be provided with an option to make a part payment to TravelKosh at the time of confirmation of a booking the Hotel, Homestay or room. The balance booking amount shall be paid as per the terms of the bookings. For security purposes, the User must provide TravelKosh with correct credit or debit card details. TravelKosh may cancel the booking at its sole discretion in case such bank or credit card details as provided by the User are found incorrect.
- In "Pay at hotel" model, the concerned hotel will collect the entire payment against the booking at the time of check-in. In case of international bookings, the payment will be charged in local currency or in any other currency, as decided by the hotel. For security purposes, the User must provide TravelKosh with correct credit or debit card details. TravelKosh may cancel the booking at its sole discretion in case such bank or credit card details as provided by the User are found incorrect.
- Some banks and card issuing companies charge their account holders a transaction fee when the card issuer and the merchant location (as defined by the card brand, e.g. Visa, MasterCard, American Express) are in different countries. If a User has any questions about the fees or any exchange rate applied, they may contact their bank or the card issuing company through which payment was made.
- Some accommodation suppliers may require User and/or the other persons, on behalf of whom the booking is made, to present a credit card or cash deposit upon check-in to cover additional expenses that may be incurred during their stay. Such deposit is unrelated to any payment received by TravelKosh and solely at the behest of the Hotel.
- Certain Services are stated to be subject to immediate confirmation. Other than these Services, any actual time required for confirmation may vary.
- In the rare circumstance of a booking not getting confirmed for any reason whatsoever, TravelKosh will process the refund of the booking amount paid by the User and intimate the User about the same. TravelKosh is not under any obligation to provide an alternate booking in lieu of or to compensate or replace the unconfirmed booking. Any applicable refund will be processed as per the defined policies of the relevant third party service provider and TravelKosh as the case may be. Such refund shall completely discharge TravelKosh from all liabilities with respect to that transaction. Additional liabilities, if any, shall be borne by the User.
- By completing a booking, you agree to receive confirmation messages (in the form of emails and/or app notifications), or via SMS, internet-based messaging applications like WhatsApp, voice call, e-mail or any other alternate communication detail provided by the You at the time of booking.
- TravelKosh may also contact you through the modes mentioned above for any pending or failed bookings, to know your preference for concluding the booking and also to help the User for the same.
- TravelKosh will not provide any service or share confirmed booking details till such time the complete (applicable) consideration is received from you.
Additional Fees, Payments, Cancellation and Refund Policy
- In addition to the cost of booking as charged by the Service Providers, TravelKosh reserves the right to charge certain fees in the nature of convenience fees or service fees. TravelKosh further reserves the right to alter any and all fees from time to time. Any such additional fees, including fee towards any modifications thereof, will be displayed to the User before confirming the booking or collecting payment from such User. In cases of short charging of the booking amount, taxes, statutory fee, convenience fee etc., owing to any technical error or other reason, TravelKosh shall reserve the right to deduct, charge or claim the balance amount from the User and the User shall pay such balance amount to TravelKosh. In cases where the short charge is claimed prior to the utilization of the booking, TravelKosh will be at liberty to cancel such bookings if the amount is not paid before the utilization date.
- Any increase in the price charged by TravelKosh on account of change in rate of taxes or imposition of new taxes, levies by Government shall have to be borne by the User. Such imposition of taxes, levies may be without prior notice and could also be retrospective but will always be as per applicable law.
- The User shall be completely responsible for all charges, fees, duties, taxes, and assessments arising out of the use of the service, as per the applicable laws. Please note convenience fee charged at the time of booking will not be refundable. Except with the prior registration with TravelKosh, priority partner or a franchisee, and explicit permission of TravelKosh to use the Website and Mobile App, all travel agents, tour operators, consolidators or aggregators are barred from using this Website for any commercial or resale purpose. If any such bookings are detected, TravelKosh reserves the right, including without limitation, to cancel all such bookings immediately without any notice to such travel agents and also to withhold payments or any refunds thereto. TravelKosh shall not be held liable for any incidental loss or damage that may arise from the bookings made by any person through such persons. The liability in case of such cancellation shall be solely borne by such persons.
- The User agrees and understands that all payments shall only be made to bank accounts of TravelKosh. TravelKosh or its agents, representatives or employees shall never ask a customer to transfer money to any private account or to an account not held in the name of TravelKosh, however, in certain instances, third-party service providers authorized by TravelKosh to accept payments directly to their bank accounts may do so and the same shall be secured and regulated by TravelKosh. The User agrees that if that user transfers any amount against any booking or transaction to any bank account that is not legitimately held or authorized by Travelkosh or to any personal account of any person, TravelKosh shall not be held liable for the same. User shall not hold any right to recover from TravelKosh any amount which is transferred by the User to any third party.
- The User will not share his personal sensitive information like credit/debit card number, CVV, OTP, card expiry date, user IDs, passwords etc. with any person including the agents, employees or representatives of TravelKosh . The User shall immediately inform TravelKosh if such details are demanded by any of its agents' employees or representatives. TravelKosh shall not be liable for any loss that the User incurs for sharing the aforesaid details.
Bookings made by the User through TravelKosh are subject to the
applicable cancellation policy as set out on the booking page or as
communicated to the customers in writing.
The standard cancellation policy for third-party suppliers is:
- a 100% refund for cancellations made at least 20 days in advance of the start date of the experience.
Cancellations made within 24 hours of the start date of the
experience will receive no refund.
[Travelkosh may replace with its own standard cancellation]
- Cancellation policies vary from the standard and you must check the relevant third-party Operators's cancellation policy contained in the applicable product listing at the time of your booking, which is the policy that will apply to and govern the terms of your cancellation and any refunds.
- No refunds are available once a tour, trip or service has commenced, or in respect of any package, activity, accommodation, meals or any other services utilized.
- Refunds, if any, on cancelled bookings will always be processed to the respective account or the banking instrument (credit card, Debit Card, Online Transfer etc.) from which payment was made for that booking.
- If you wish to cancel a reservation made via the Website, the Third Party Operators cancellation policy contained in the applicable product listing will apply to, and govern the terms of cancellation and any refunds. When canceling a booking, you will be notified via email or telephone of the total refund amount you will receive, if any.
- In case of no-show or unutilized bookings, You shall be required to make requests for any valid and applicable refunds, as per the defined policies, within 90 days from the travel date in case of air/ rail/ cab/ bus tickets and/or the date of check-in for hotel bookings. No refund will be payable for any requests made after the expiry of 90 days of travel date/ check-in as aforementioned and all unclaimed amounts for such no-show or unutilized bookings shall accordingly be deemed to have been forfeited.
- The refund shall be processed within 15-20 working days from the date of the cancellation request. If we have received the payment through a valid credit card, then the same will be refunded to your credit card. Payments made using any other form of payment will be refunded by cheque within a maximum of 30 days from the date of receipt of ticket. All refunds shall be processed subject to processing of refunds by the respective airline/service provider.
Passports, Visas & Insurances
- It is the responsibility of all passengers, regardless of nationality and destination, to check with the consulate of the country they are visiting for current entry requirements.
- As visa and health requirements are subject to change without notice, TravelKosh recommends that you verify health and visa requirements with the appropriate consulate prior to departure. TravelKosh strongly recommends that you purchase a comprehensive travel insurance policy prior to departure.